Storage Systems Limited has been supplying our Bruynzeel mobile shelving solutions to the university of Galway for the last 30 years. Our latest project is located in The James Hardiman Library and houses all the universities teaching, learning, medical and nursing collections.
The library also holds significant archives of national, local and regional importance and is particularly strong in the Irish language material. Storage Systems Limited has completed a large installation of Compactus Archive Mobile Shelving at this library.
Mobile bases are 5m to 10m long and are fitted with a reduction gear drive system which enables block loads of 35,000kgs to moved simultaneously. In Addition to this project, Storage Systems also installed AO Plan Chests with 10 drawers for storing archive material not been stored on the mobile shelving.
- 6th major Bruynzeel installation project completed for NUI Galway in Ireland
- 175,000 periodicals stored
- 75,000 special collection books
- 2,000 bays of Mobile Shelving
- AO Plan Chests with 10 drawers for Archive Material